Thu 12 Oct 2017
RightMove have just announced this year’s happiest places to live in Great Britain and we are proud to say that Wetherby sits as ever in the centre of the ‘golden triangle’ of Yorkshires’ finest towns. Harrogate was named the happiest place to live in Yorkshire, (and was placed 4thnationally), with York rated 4th happiest in Yorkshire and Leeds 7th.
- Royal Leamington Spa in Warwickshire has earned the crown of the happiest place to live in Great Britain in Rightmove’s 2017 Happy at Home Index
- In second place is last year’s winner, Leigh-On-Sea, followed by Wirral in third
- Richmond upon Thames named the happiest place to live in London, Dumfries came top for Scotland and Llandrindod Wells took the title for Wales
- Over 17,000 people across 159 areas in Great Britain took part in the Rightmove study
- The study asks residents how happy they are where they live and also to rank 12 happiness factors
The town of Royal Leamington Spa has come out top and Harrogate, a winner three times in a row between 2013-2015, is in fourth. Royal Tunbridge Wells is ranked fifth and Epsom is seventh. Other spa towns also did fairly well, with Llandrindod Wells named the happiest place to live in Wales and 12th overall in Great Britain, whilst Cheltenham came 29th and Bath 38th.
Leamington Spa scored particularly high for friendly neighbours, a strong sense of belonging, a place where locals feel they can be themselves and good access to nature and green spaces.
The average asking price of a home in Leamington Spa is £330,848, which is almost £20,000 higher than a year ago. The national average asking price is currently £310,003.
Click here to find out where your region is ranked
"I had a very old property to sell and there were complications which led to a protracted exchange of contracts. As an Architect, I have dealt with many Agents, and throughout this transaction the quality of service and advice from Max and his team was excellent and very professional. "